WG6100 defl.+IPC = weak deflection sounds, no picture, spot killer OFF

From: Anthony Ramos <aramos_at_ele-mental.org>
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 00:11:28 EST

This is a weird one, although I've seen it before: A WG6100 deflection
board with the IPC and an LV2000 installed has simply quit showing
vectors. I can hear weak deflection. The spot killer is OFF, leading me
to believe it's the IPC cutting the beam. There are no vectors on
screen at all, ever, even with brightness turned all the way up.

Putting it into a working monitor produces the same symptoms, so I know
it's confined to the deflection board. I've removed and tested every
transistor on the base board; all test good.

So, it's either a problem with the IPC or an open/shorted diode, right?
What else could it be?

--
Anthony Ramos -- aramos(NOSPAM)@ele-mental.org
phone: 503.236.6303 / mobile: 503.267.3519