Re: Asteroids daughtercad ????

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 17:48:32 EST

There were some interesting kits sold back in the early 80's that allowed
one to speed up the game. I recall hearing of one that changed the speed
automatically. Check if the IRQ control IC has any cut pins, that is where
they fit in the speed up normally.

We used to do it with the two of the unused 4 Dip Switch switches and tied
them to the 74193 (? - I have to check that) IRQ clock divider pins that
were tied to ground, and with a couple of pull-up resistors one could get
quite a nice speed up of the game. I have a picture I think of the last
board I did this to if anyone is interested...

John :-#)#