Asteroids daughtercad ????

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 16:18:26 EST

I'm trying to repair an Asteroids board with VSM troubles. This board has
what I'm guessing to be a "speed up" daughtercard mounted to the board. See
Pics:

<A HREF="http://members.aol.com:/mkdud/ast/astdc1.jpg">http://members.aol.com:/mkdud/ast/astdc1.jpg</A>
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com:/mkdud/ast/astdc2.jpg">http://members.aol.com:/mkdud/ast/astdc2.jpg</A>
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com:/mkdud/ast/astdc3.jpg">http://members.aol.com:/mkdud/ast/astdc3.jpg</A>

Does anybody know anything about these daughtercards? This one is etched
"Sonic 1B-2001-022" on the back. It has one modwire going to the cathode side
of CR1 (1N914) near the reset button, another going to pin "C" of the edge
connector, and power wires +5 and Gnd.
Why would this wire go to pin "C" of the edge connector? For a switch in the
cabinet, perhaps?
I was wondering how these cards worked (overclocking, I guess), and if it
could screw up the VSM. Also, does anybody have a VSM debug proceedure for
Asteroids?

Thanks,
Michael Kelley