WG6100 High Voltage

From: Rod Spade <rodspade_at_paonline.com>
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 23:23:13 EST

I just recapped the HV board in my Star Wars (I had done the other
boards ealier), and now the bloom on the Death Star explosion seems even
worse than before! Also, when the game ends, the high voltage seems to
fluctuate for a couple of seconds. (When it displays "GAME OVER" or
whatever, the edge of the screen jumps outwards then back a few times.)

The work that I did was the HV replacements/upgrades at
http://www.marvin3m.com/video/wg6100.htm (I didn't replace the HV Adj
pot), and I also reflowed a bunch of solder joints on the board. (My
soldering technique is a little sloppy, so it's possible that I actually
made a connection worse rather than better.) I then measured the HV at
18KV, so I adjusted it to 19.5. I believe I used all the right
components, and the board does mostly work, so hopefully the problem is
something minor.

Any suggestions?

Rod