RE: Questions about Atari XY transformer blocks

From: Schneider, Erik, JO1(SW), USN, DINFOS/DOT/PABD <SchneiderE_at_DINFOS.OSD.MIL>
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 09:00:02 EST

Paul,

I only know the differences between the color vector and color raster power
blocks. Never had the opportunity to deal with the B/W ones, so they may be
different.

The easiest way to tell is by looking at the 15-pin molex connector.
The color raster power blocks only have 1 keyed pin in position 8.
The color vector power blocks have 2 keyed pins in positions 8 and 13.

The color vector power block uses a single 50VAC winding off the
transformer. It goes to pins 10 and 13 with the center tap going to pin 11.

The color raster power block uses two 60VAC windings. The first winding
goes to pins 10 and 12 with it's center tap on pin 11. The second winding
goes to pins 13 and 15 with that center tap going to pin 14.

The color raster blocks can be converted to work in a color vector game with
a slight wiring modification. I believe James Sweet has documented that
conversion in RGVAC. A google search should find it.

- Erik