Re: Cinematronics monitor: no horizontal intensity?

From: Paul Sommers <rgvac_macman_at_smartchat.net.au>
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 02:56:26 EST

I had a similar problem a while ago with an armor attack. It wouldn't
display the sprites. I thought it was a board problem, but it turned
out to be the brightness pot on the monitor doing something funny with
the different intensities. When I swapped in a Star Hawk board I got
similar symptoms to yours.

There was a passage in the monitor FAQ that twigged me to it.

Maybe it's the pot is not responding properly to the signal seeing as
the problem varies with the amount of vertical in the sprite.

Cheers
MacMan