Re: Schematics

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 21:54:20 EST

On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 13:13:02 -0600, you wrote:

>> I usually use Eagle Layout Software. I've also used express PCB. Both
>> are free. Eagle will not let you lay out a board larger than 3x4"
>> without registering. You can make a schematic as large as you like.
>> There tends to be a lot of information on the net for Eagle too.. If you
>> would like it, you can email me, Mark.

>Actually, think Mark J. is talking about drafting new schematics, not the
>actual PCB layout - correct Mark?

        In which case, the free version of Eagle will work just fine for him.
:) PCB creation in Eagle is a separate process from schematic capture.
(Though once you've created a board from your schematic, any changes you
make to the schematic will automatically be reflected on the PCB layout.)
"It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral
busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may
at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will
torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their consciences."
-- C. S. Lewis