Re: Inductor addition and the MC1

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Sun Apr 06 2003 - 18:43:15 EDT

Treat a network of inductors like resistors (capacitors are backwards).
 Two 10 mH inductors in series are 20 mH, two in parallel would be 5 mH.

The only reason I can figure for 3 inductors might have been for
changing inductance as the cores saturated. Otherwise there doesn't
seem to be a valid reason for not using just one part (unless it was a
trick to include a "secret" part into the design to stop copycats).

Has anyone ACTUALLY taken one of these apart to analyze?