RE: Just repaired my first 9010a tape drive - parts available.

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 09:40:15 EDT

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, PeRFiDiouS wrote:

> What "VECTOR" game/monitor does that go in?

While I don't run the list, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say - -

This sort of thins has historically been on topic. Discussions of Fluke 90xx
and related gear have cropped up quite often, including long discourses on
what tapes to buy and where to get them. This is information some of us
have been waiting for.

Also, the offering of discounts to list members has in the past been QUITE
welcome -- if you notice he is selling them AT COST to list members

And finally, many of these parts are not available to the average end user.
These factories do not want to sell to individual end users. With
discontinued parts, there are items that won't be seen for years, then
someone comes across a few hundred in a bin. List members have often bought
whatever they could find, and offered them back at cost to list members,
with mark-up for Newsgroups, Ebay, etc.

This is one of the reasons I am on the Vectorlist, and would be might
disappointed if it no longer went on.

So, Thank You Art !

-Chris