RE: ZVG

From: Hood, Eric <Eric.Hood_at_Maritz.com>
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 08:33:35 EDT

I got this message from Zonn...

"... because of driver problems ZVGEmu does not run under W2k windows, it must be Win'98 or DOS."

"Here's the problem. I need to be able to talk directly to the parallel port. W2K considers the parallel port off limits to non-priveledged programmers. What is needed is a W2k driver of some type that allow the ZVG access to the parallel port. There are a few drivers out there that allow accessing the parallel port, but the way the general use ones work is by changing privileged modes each time they are called, this is too slow for the ZVG. I need to be able to dump a small buffer to the parallel port using the ECP mode."

--Eric