Re: Using fluke 9010 on BZ in self test

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 11:40:48 EDT

I find that some games just won't work with the pod installed. It appears
that the pod loads down the circuit just enough to fail...although it runs
the tests just fine. Fluke does mention that in UUTs with marginal design
that the pod won't work right in the RUN test.

For example, I find in the Z80QT pod (Quick Test - late design) that there
is an added 1000pf capacitor on the output lines of the Interface BCB that
is not on the earlier designed Z80 or Z80/AA pods. It across A5 pins 17 and
15 (BWR & UWR).

You might want to check the update sheets for the pods, on the FTP site
(see below), these might help improve the POD response. I do need to double
check that all updates are there, and if anyone sees any missing LMK or
scan and email them to me or the INCOMING directory of flippers.com (tell
me they are there though!).

As for sockets to protect the POD plug, I just use regular 40 pin sockets
as 'Sacrifice' pins.

John :-#)#

At 07:58 AM 09/05/2003 -0700, David Shoemaker wrote:

>I have a board which is giving me fits.On its own if I bring it up in test
>mode the test screen comes up just fine. When I put it into play mode I
>get a blank screen.
>
>I hooked up the 9010 ran bus, ram, rom tests everything checks out fine.
>
>But when I put the board into test mode with the pod connected it doesn't
>bring up the test screen.
>

>Anyone had this problem? Any ideas on what might be happening?
>
>Oh, also anyone know a good source of turned pin sockets? I want to put
>sockets on the pods to protect the pins.
>
>David

How to subscribe or unsubscribe from TTL

To do either you send email to "MajorDomo@flippers.com" and in the body you
state either "Subscribe techtoolslist" or "Unsubscribe techtoolslist", note
that the Subject is "" (Blank)...

FTP site is: ftp://ftp.flippers.com/TTL/