Re: Using fluke 9010 on BZ in self test

From: <ygroups_at_andora.org.uk>
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 15:21:11 EDT

David,

I think all the stuff with the Fluke pods is a red-herring. When in
self-test, do you get the math-box timeout "T" showing on the screen
(right-hand-side), is it steady or absent on flickers on/off? Do you get
a L or H ? if you flex the boards, the interboard wiring or the main
harness wiring do you get any of these symbols showing?

Generally, the T/L/H characters show problems with the math-box on the aux
board. BZ will come up ok in self-test mode, but won't play a game as the
system hangs if the math-box is faulty. The interboard wiring is a
favorite.

Sometimes the intermittant nature means that a character can just flicker
on very occasionally and its easy to miss, but you can sometimes think the
maths box is ok, but it is not.

To simulate the "T" condition, disconnect the interboard (I think you can
take out the aux boad - but you wont get any sound) and the T will be
visible.

Fixing problems with the maths-box is another story, suggest try obvious
stuff like reseat all chips in sockets, double check wiring, clean edge
connectors etc, else brace yourself for a nasty bout of signature testing!

Good luck - Tim.

"David Shoemaker" <davids@oz.net>
Sent by: owner-vectorlist@synthcom.com
09/05/03 15:58