Re: Sega Universal Sound Boards

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 23:49:34 EDT

I use an audio signal tracer for hunting down problems on sound boards. An
old Heathkit that I made thirtyish years ago still works fine for me ;-)

You can even use the sucker as an audio logic probe...in some cases you can
actually hear parts of the sound generated on the data bus.

Force the sound by making a simple switch for the control logic (if
applicable). Works nicely on Space Invaders (O.T., but an example ;-)
sounds which are generated with a series of LM3900's, some of which are
audio noise/tone generators.

John :-#)#