Re: Tech: Battlezone

From: Marlin Bates <mcb242_at_psu.edu>
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 00:33:47 EDT

On Tuesday, Apr 29, 2003, at 22:54 US/Pacific, Joe wrote:

> Marlin,
>
> First thing is the glow in the neck. Is the heater getting 6.3v? Check
> and resolder the headers on the deflection board. Even if they look
> good, they may need resoldering. After this. Check your 6.3v.

I checked all the header solder contacts. Some bad solder jobs, but no
change.

> If you are
> not getting 6.3v be sure that you are getting the heater voltage into
> the monitor. If you are getting 6.3v to the heater, it may be time to
> consider a new tube (not likely.)

I am NOT getting 6.3v out of Pin 9/10 on P500. In fact, I am getting
no voltage at all.

> Also, are you getting HV?

I believe so. How do I verify this?

Thanks

On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 10:23 US/Pacific, Rodger Boots wrote:

> Now don't get ahead of yourself. Have you checked F6 on the power
> supply chassis? It looks like CRT heater power comes from there.

Checked and it is good.

On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 10:32 US/Pacific, Tom McClintock wrote:

> The heater voltage is not supplied by the HV. It comes off the
> deflection board (brown and black wire) and is sent through connector
> P500 (pins 9 and 10).

Thanks, needed to know that in order to check Joe's suggestions.

> Grab some schematics and follow along :)

Unfortunately, this did not come with any! :-( Any online sources? I
think I just got some off of evilBay, am waiting for the mail to find
out.

Thanks for all the help, so please let me know where to go next!
Thanks!

> tm

-Marlin Bates, IV
-Director of Forensics
-Diablo Valley College

"Action does not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness
without it." - Benjamin Disraeli

"That’s what you have to strive for every minute of your life: to get
rid of the life that you have planned in order to have the life that’s
waiting to be yours." -Joseph Campbell