Re: Tech: Battlezone

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 04:05:21 EDT

Marlin Bates wrote:

> On Tuesday, Apr 29, 2003, at 22:54 US/Pacific, Joe wrote:
>
>> Marlin,
>>
>> First thing is the glow in the neck. Is the heater getting 6.3v? Check
>> and resolder the headers on the deflection board. Even if they look
>> good, they may need resoldering. After this. Check your 6.3v.
>

> I checked all the header solder contacts. Some bad solder jobs, but
> no change.
>
>> If you are
>> not getting 6.3v be sure that you are getting the heater voltage into
>> the monitor. If you are getting 6.3v to the heater, it may be time to
>> consider a new tube (not likely.)
>>

> I am NOT getting 6.3v out of Pin 9/10 on P500. In fact, I am getting
> no voltage at all.

Once again, check the fuse on the power supply chassis in the bottom of
the game that supplies the heater power. Don't just look at the fused,
check them with an ohmmeter.

>> Also, are you getting HV?
>>

> I believe so. How do I verify this?

Take a stick of anything that insulates (NOT a pencil, the graphite core
will conduct), tape a neon bulb to one end, and use this "wand" to
detect if the flyback is running. A neon bulb near a running flyback
will glow.