Re: More Star Wars HV problems, help please?

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 01:24:41 EDT

I know this is not a big help but if you have access to a "Ring" tester for
flybacks then you can use that to see if the transformer is OK.

Caution - shameless plug below!

It just so happens that I sell those, suitable for all monitors including
Vector flybacks/transformers, for around $35US in kit form. For more info
go to:

www.flippers.com/fbt-main.html and check it out. Someone could buy one and
share it amongst those that need it every now and then...we find it handy
to keep on the bench for testing suspect HVs (along with the ESR Capacitor
meter kit www.flippers.com/esrktmtr.html )

Well, I warned you. They are very handy for testing parts in circuit, I use
them for fixing Vector monitors and regular ones on a regular basis...

John :-#)#