Re: Battlezone Linear Power Supply

From: <ygroups_at_andora.org.uk>
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 05:41:43 EDT

Tony,

I have three identical Battlezone PSUs to your first post below. All are
dated late 1980 / early 1981 (judging by the cap date code), and none have
the Atari sticker on the transformer (nor do I recall them ever having
one).

The cut-out next to the 15 pin upper-left corner (your photo) has the "L"
shaped punched out hole - my *guess* is that this design allows either the
large plug shown in your first photo, or the smaller plug shown in your
second.

I have tested all my PSUs on both a Battlezone Cabaret harness and an
Upright harness (a few months back) and both harnesses work. (They are
slightly different to accomodate twin speakers and marquee illumination -
but not at the PSU end.

So, I would conclude that the bigger connector is the newer one - check
the cap date code (if it has one) on your and see if you just have an
earlier design.

Cheers - Tim.

Tony Jones <tony@tonyjones.com>
Sent by: owner-vectorlist@synthcom.com