Re: What is the difference between...

From: Tony Jones <tony_at_tonyjones.com>
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 14:08:04 EDT

The crystal is different, the dedicated runs slightly faster, I believe
because the Amplifone display could handle a slightly higher vector rate.

On the conversion pcb, Pre-X and Pre-Y are taken from the AVG and passed to
two pins on the smaller edge connector. The traces on these pins are cut and
the wires bridged over. These outputs are inputs to the 1495 multipliers
on the conversion board, which handle the pincushion compensation that
is standard on the Amplifone tube, but required by a WG.

Also, every dedicated boardset I've seen (including mine) has a real
quad pokey, every conversion board has a quad pokey eliminator.

Conversion boards also have a serial# sticker on them beginning CKxxxxx,
at least I think it's CK. Dedicated are URxxxx I believe, but it's been
a while.

Tony