Amplifone won't focus!

From: Dave Langley <robotron_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 19:21:52 EDT

Hi ....

I've been putting an Amplifone together from parts acquired from ebay and
elsewhere, and tonight I got power on for the first time.

The HV board is giving out a steady 19.5Kv with the HV cut-off set around 21Kv.

When driven by a space duel PCB I cannot get the picture to focus, turning
the focus control on the HV board makes no difference at all.

The convergence is awful as this has not yet been done on the tube ...

Now, given that the HV board has a 'red is dead' HVT how can I determine
the problem? AT this point it could be anything as all the components I'm
using are untested!

Thanks!

Dave Langley
www.robotron-2084.co.uk