Big phat vector monitors ( ie: >= 25" )

From: Pete Ashdown <pashdown_at_xmission.com>
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 01:30:28 EDT

I'm in the process of drawing up plans for my ZVG Eliminator style table. I
sure would like to use a 25" monitor, but short of cannibalizing someone's
Star Wars cockpit, I'm not sure its possible.

I don't know jack about tubes, windings, and necks. I can follow instructions
for a recap and hook up wires. So I need someone to tell me in the most basic
terms whether I'm chasing a windmill here or not. I was always under the
impression that the Ampliphone electronics could go on a standard raster tube
due to the same deflection angle. I even planned to throw in the same RCA
tube from a Wells Gardner to fix my Quantum's dead tube. But if I've got to
deal with necks, glue, dremels, and a whole lotta crap, I'd rather just wait
for the eventual "Ampliphone For Sale".

With flat panel displays taking over television and computer monitors it sure
would be nice if there was a way to convert those discarded high-res tubes
into crystal clear vectors. :-)