Battlezone Controls

From: Marlin bates <mcb242_at_psu.edu>
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 14:14:19 EDT

hello again all,

A little while ago, I posted asking what could be the problem if I have
no response from controls on my Bzone (I am resurrecting it, it has
gone from completely dead to all fixed but the controls agggggh!).
Most of you replied that it sounded like the controls were grounded
out. Now, I took this to mean that the controls needed to be grounded.
  (I know, I know, but it was late and I spaced out! :-) What I now
realize is that you meant the controls were grounded CLOSED, not open.

This makes more sense because as soon as I coin up, the game starts
even with the start button disconnected! Sooooo, my question is this:
Where do I look for the short? How do I find this bugger?

Also, *IF* you say it is in the wiring harness . . . . can I substitute
a Red Baron wiring harness without (or with minor ) modifications?

Thanks!

-Marlin