Re: Fw: SP0256

From: mccullar <mccullar_at_flash.net>
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 16:37:16 EDT

> Just saw this in the robotics newsgroup. Sounds like we might have a
> replacement for the old SP0256 coming out.

Those aren't ferociously rare but they are fun to play with. I was able to
get one working on a PC's parallel port but I'd used the 40-pin
text-to-speech converter chip in the process. The thing sounds like a robot
from Zenbar but it is really, really neat to hear.

I don't know of any arcade game that ever used this chip, though.