Re: Need a POKEY

From: mccullar <mccullar_at_flash.net>
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 23:26:49 EDT

    Hakko desoldering station. About $500. Best investment I've ever made!

    -->Neil
  Hakko is GREAT stuff. I have a 981 dual heat pistol grip soldering irn that I use on the road, rattles around in the van, gets stuff piled on it,etc. Bought it new in 1999 and just now ordered its first replacement tip - and I use it 5 days a week

  I work as a full-time component-level technician and fix games on the side, and I'd be absolutely useless without the Hakko desoldering stuff I use. (Heck, often I'm useless WITH it, but that's another story.) I can't say that Hakko is perfect, as it's got a couple of drawbacks, but it's the best desoldering equipment I've ever used. It can get finicky at times, though. You do have to declog it often, and clean it out, but it's far better than rubber bulb/desoldering braid. :) Hakko ain't cheap, but if you do a lot of board work it's a good investment.