Re: Need a POKEY Desolder advice

From: Al Warner <Al_at_alsarcade.com>
Date: Sun Sep 28 2003 - 19:15:12 EDT

As much as I like Art (he's stood up for me in the past), I think he's
missing the whole point here.

What we have:
A game cart for a game system we don't have that happens to have a 40 pin
chip on it that will make LOTS of our games work again.

What we want:
That chip off the board and usable. The board is going to the garbage tip
(threw that in for our UK fans).

I'd have to say that if a blow torch will get the chip off the disposable
board in record time as opposed to trying to desolder every connection
without breaking any pins, then a blowtorch IS the right tool for the job.

Let's see, if I bought 10 carts and had 40 pins each, how much solder wick
would that be?

Just MHO,

-Al-