Re: Need a POKEY Desolder advice

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sun Sep 28 2003 - 21:46:04 EDT

Having seen many boards come in to the shop that look like someone has used
a propane torch on them in a failed attempt to extract IC's I can
understand Art's concern. Rest assured though, that my (almost) patented
method (free to Vectorlist folks!) works quite well with a minimum risk to
the IC in question.

I do recommend practising on a couple of junk boards first though as one
can overheat the board a mite bit and then it s only good for the tip...

If anyone is interested I would be happy to take some pictures of the
process or, if I can borrow my daughters MPG camera, make a brief video...

John :-#)#