RE: Tempest help please!

From: Bret Pehrson <bret_at_infowest.com>
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 10:54:41 EDT

You check for AC ripple on a DC line by:

 - Switch the meter to check for AC
 - Connect the leads to the DC +/- lines

If there is ripple, you will then see this as an AC voltage. Anything over
0.05 should be considered abnormal and the applicable filter caps and
possibly rectifier(s) should be replaced.