Re: Re[2]: Re: Ampl. Red HVU, how many still work?

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 01:58:07 EST

In a message dated 10/27/2003 10:35:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jmonast@naughtydog.com writes:
I believe Jess Askey was doing this on his web site a couple years ago,
but I'm not sure if he still has the info...
     Jess and I were trying to find a common link to working and non working
red #'s, hoping to locate a "safe range". All we seemed to prove was that reds
are even MORE unreliable than anyone thought before, and that there is no
safe range of numbers.
     Since the Amplifone warehouse fire has been pretty much refuted by Jed,
I'm more believing in Jed, Brian, and Clay's theory that the HVT's were wound
in the wrong humidity conditions, thus causing the winding wire and cores to
enetually pit and deteriorate.
    ALL reds are at risk, there are no "magic reds" or no "safe range" in
serial numbers. If you run a red, it's probably going to kick the bucket, and
probably sooner than you think...

MK

I have to update my Amplifone faq to include the stuff like what I wrote
above, when I get the damn time...