Re: Quantum spotted Portland OR auction

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 01:39:59 EST

In a message dated 10/27/2003 8:51:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
crhea@mayo.edu writes:
So, what's a serial number of (Quantum) "UR05000" mean? Didn't someone do
an Atari serial number registry a few years ago?
     I'm curious - the cabinet # is 5000, this is DEFINATELY the highest
Quantum serial # I've ever heard of. The model #38300 is correct. In the pics, the
actual Vector power supply is still in this cabinet. Is the serial # still on
this? Does it say 5000? Also, are the mounts for the factory RF cage still
there - can you see the scew holes where it was removed?
     A while back, I remeber a discussion about FACTORY conversions and
prototypes being shipped with unusual or "out of sequence" serial #'s. For example,
I've seen a "dedicated" Black Widow with a serial #3000. I've also seen a
Space Duel (perhaps a prototype, seemed to be an Ireland cabinet; Jess might
remember this from the WinTron plant in Bellefonte...) with a serial #5000.
     Perhaps Cris' was a Factory conversion of some kind, or more likely a
prototype? Its a shame there's no logic board that was left in the machine....
Considering the power supply is still there, it had to be a Vector game. The
Amplifone HV rack is still there on the left, the Jamma harness loops through
it. Are there any factory harness tags (usually blue cloth) in there anywhere?
Perhaps on the coin harness, or around the Vector power supply?

Sorrry to play "Columbo" here, but I've never even heard of a Quantum with a
#5000...

MK