Re: Atari serial #'s : Tempest production

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Oct 29 2003 - 11:06:03 EST

In a message dated 10/28/2003 4:25:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jb@joesarcade.com writes:
I have seen tempest up to 27xxx and 110xxx to about 118xxx. Is this a
second run? All of the ones over 100000 have the purple marquee and
artwork. Or were these from a different plant, such as Ireland?
Tempest was the only machine EVER to sell through 20,000 U.S. units BEFORE it
shipped, and all orders were paid for in advance and non-cancelable. I'm not
sure what the Ireland production was; but didn't the U.S. run get through
about 25k??