Re: Re: [FS] Quantum spotted in my shed... ;)

From: Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. <vector_at_hawkmountain.net>
Date: Wed Oct 29 2003 - 12:28:15 EST

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 10:06, Cris Rhea wrote:
> Here's an update on the Quantum cabinet that's FOR SALE (Rochester, MN)-
>
> A couple questions came up-
>
> 1. Yes, the transformer block serial number matches the game serial number
> (UR05000).
>
> 2. The conversion to SF-II was actually quite well done... the horizontal
> monitor was neatly cut into the existing plywood... All four vertical
> monitor mounting holes are still present and OK.
>
> 3. Yes, I'm going to keep the SF-II hardware (unless someone really wants
> that too as part of this deal).
>

> What I for offers to this point are:
>
> Mark Capps (catfishh@bellsouth.net)- $700 In Atlanta.... needs shipping
>
> Joemagiera (joemagiera@ameritech.net)- $500 In Chicago- would come pick it up
>
> Joe (jb@joesarcade.com)- $200 In ????- would come pick it up
>

> While Mark's offer is the highest and said he wanted it from day-1,
> I'm not sure I want to deal with trying to ship this beast. With the
> stories about Forward Air not doing vids/pins any more and the costs
> involved with using a traditional shipping company (i.e., Yellow Freight),
> I think I'll stick with my original posting and require the winning
> bidder to have someone come pick it up.

If Old Dominion Freight Lines is by both the shipper and receiver, you
can very cheaply ship this item. Cheapest way is for the seller to
drop it off at their terminal and the buyer to pick it up from the
terminal on their end.... they will do pickup and home delivery ... but
the costs go up. I don't know if they offer a packing option.

I've had two games shipped by them... Joust II and an Asteroids. Both
arrived in great shape. The Joust II was fully crated (under the
idea that ODFL required that), and the Asteroids was strapped onto a
pallet (with ratcheting tie downs) and then wrapped and 'boxed' with
cardboard.

I've never seen a quantum myself, but it would be nice for someone
to bring this one back to life.

Just wanted to pass along what I found to be a economical way to ship
vids.

Best of luck on whomever picks up this (it is sickening that it was
converted to SF... ick ick ick.... but thankfully they didn't paint
over, remove, or otherwise destroy the side art !).

-- Curt