Re: An amplifone problem I haven't seen before.....

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 17:30:13 EST

I haven't seen this, and I don't have my Ampliphone FAQ here, but if I
recall, those resistors are designed to protect the regs, right ? So, it
sounds like there is too much current being drawn through the resistors.
You may have a rectifier diode going bad on your deflection board. Check
CR14-17 on the delfection board, as well as the caps. Was this delfection board
recapped??
Also, if the +24 5w 50ohm resistor got as hot as you described, I'd be
replacing it and the reg for sure.

Hope this helps,
MK