Administrivia - Re: WTB: Asteroids Deluxe PCB

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 13:16:35 EST

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 Artfromnys@aol.com wrote:

> I have a tested working one but I seem to get jumped all over whenever I post
> anything here that has a commercial tinge to it. Oh well, guess it is eBay

Well, hopefully by now the person looking for one has contacted you.

I believe at the time this happened I was one of the ones who posted that
vector-related FS posts are allowed. As I now run the list, I can state
definitively that they are allowed. I have kept the old policy regarding
subject lines. From the .info file:

  This list is set up for any and all vector game related technical
  discussions. For sale, for auction, and want-to-buy posts are allowed in
  moderation. But do be sensitive to those who do not wish to receive
  FS/FA/WTB posts by doing something very simple. Use the following prefixes
  in the subject line of your messages:

  FA: - For auction
  FS: - For sale
  WTB: - Want to buy

  This allows people to set up their mail filters to ignore/purge those
  messages that contain potentially undesirable content.

Let me add to this: If you have a problem with what another user is posting,
please bring it to my attention. There is no sense in starting a flame war,
or embarrassing new users to the list who may not know the rules.

I remember on FidoNet, there were two main rules it ran by that seemed to
avoid most problems:
        1) Thou shalt not be excessively annoying.
        2) Thou shalt not be too easily annoyed.

I still think these sum up the best attitude for a mailing list.