Re: WG6100 monitor woes

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 13:30:46 EST

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Phil Morris wrote:

> Noted. Just out of interest, what is your preferred method for removing the
> pins from a molex housing?

Ah. The raster monitor has the pin-header type of connector, where you have
to remove the fingers from the connector to clean them. That's what I was
thinking of. (Too many monitors in my brain. :-) I just used a small
screwdriver to pry it out.

For the vector type, I would probably stick a Q-tip between the male pins,
and something like a pipe-cleaner into the female side.

I don't know that I've ever successfully remove the molex pin type.