Re: Battle Zone Mini SN:0091

From: Fredk <Arcadexpo_at_mchsi.com>
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 02:48:08 EST

  Guess #1: if heatsink isn't running hot maybe someone replaced it and used (or didn't use) the correct amount of grease.

  This is a good point Rodger I never thought about that.

  Guess #2: power supply strapped for too low a power line voltage (for example, strapped for 110 while being plugged into 125 volts).

  Have to investigate this.

  Guess #3: power supply set to too low of an output voltage (4 instead of 5).

  Voltages are good at the PCB?

  Fredk wrote:

        I got a chance to look this over today. Ended up having 1 bad 2114 ram, the usual cold soldiers on the connectors and a couple bad am2901's on the math box. Monitor actually worked although at some point I will replace all the caps and check all the soldiers on it too.

        The 2n3055 runs really hot on the power supply board though for some reason. Really hot to the touch so I did not run this game to long. Any ideas besides just recapping and replacing everything on the power supply? Everything else seems to be okay.

        Just thought I give a update if anyone really cared ;)

    Fred