Re: On the subject of Wintrons...

From: Al Warner <Al_at_alsarcade.com>
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 19:50:20 EST

I should look that thread up. My Penn-Tran history has been good. My HV
board had the Penn-Tran on it when I got the SW machine. The BU-406 on
the board was missing it's "D". I was considerably less experienced at
working on monitors at that point and acquired another HV board and did a
transplant. Making sure that the board had a 406D. I crossed my fingers
and hoped, when I turned it on, it worked.

About two months ago the deflection transistors died on the deflection
board and I installed a cap kit on that board.

But the Penn-Tran lives on!

I've been helping Steven Gregory (Arcadeshop) with the documentation for
the transformers he sells for both WG and Amplifone. I'd love to install
one in my SW, but I have a working Penn-tran.

Steven told me that the deflections for WG have been selling very well and
he has had no complaints from anyone. It looks to be an awesome product.

-Al-