Re: Cinematronics question

From: Tom McClintock <tomm_at_mgcap.com>
Date: Fri Jan 02 2004 - 17:52:31 EST

Hey Matt,

This should answer your question pretty quickly.

http://www.ionpool.net/arcade/cine/ccpu_upgrade.txt

Here's a quick extract:

Depending on the Revision CCPU you have, your game might have used
9316 :
marked PROMs, 2708s, 2716s, 2532s(?) or a ROM expansion board which
was :
connected to the 1st and 3rd sockets (U7 and R7). Some CCPUs use 2
PROMs :
instead of the normal 4 PROM setup. These 4K masked PROMs
were :
manufactured with the 2K blocks reversed. To fix this,
Cinematronics :
lifted the 2K address leg of each PROM so that it didn't go in the
socket :
and jumpered it to the ROM spot to the left which uses an
inverted :
signal for that line. What a
mess!

tm