Re: little BW XY monitor

From: Fredk <Arcadexpo_at_mchsi.com>
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 21:08:03 EST

Details are as follows -

12" b/w Tv from goodwill $5.00

Rob Tube and yoke from TV throw rest away.

Rewind vertical winding on yoke with 120 turns per ferrite half and put wire
in parrellel. Put yoke back together and on tube.

HV - I built a new HV from scratch, but a go5 unit would work the same (I
used this in the beginning to test it out then built a new unit for this and
put my go5 HV back in my battle zone ;)

Deflection is a Steven Gregory unit (Yes I have stock in this so I am lucky
to have some for myself) This would be the most investment to make this
monitor.

I can take some pictures of the inside if anyone wants.

So total cost for me was about $50 bucks not including the new deflection.
wood,plexi, connector and some parts I bought when I built the new HV.

Fred