XY monitor...parts?

From: James C. Bowes IV <eviljim13_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 14:38:55 EST

  Hey there all, I have a Tempest that I have been poking around with
here and there, and need some help with the monitor. It doesn't have
one...at all. Other than buying a complete unit from someone, which is
rare and quite the pricey prospect, what are the "units" that make up a
monitor?

  So far, I know of the obvious stuff:
        tube (actual CRT)
        yoke (windings(?) on the neck of the CRT)
        chassis (frame that all the PCBs and CRT mount to)
        LV2000 (repl. LV section of electronics)
but what other pieces could I be looking for to pick up from people?

  I have read about WG Deflection and HV parts, and assume these are
also discrete units that I could pick up. Is there anything else?

  Basically, as I don't expect to find anyone looking to part with a
monitor, (esp. bulletproof and cheap =) ) I'm wondering what my shopping
list should have on it to pick up piece by piece, to put one together.
Also, for some of the stuff out there, I have read that there are
revisions to the PCBs and such. If you feel one is better than another
for dependability/longevity, please LMK which those might be and why.

  Thanks for your time, and for your help/responses.

  The early bird gets the worm, but the second
        mouse gets the cheese.