Re: XY monitor...parts?

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 20:05:33 EST

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 22:27:35 +0100, you wrote:

>- Yoke. There are significantly different from normal color TV yokes. The
>only good option is to find a used one from a dead color XY minotor.

        Or rewind the yoke... :)

>- HV suppy.. Nowadays they are reproduced and can be bought from Arcadeshop,

        Not just reproduced; the whole HV section has been completely
redesigned to use modern, off-the-shelf components. :)

>- Deflection board. Depending on how good you are with electronics, you can
>easlily by a defective amplifone board from eBay. Sometimes a WG board will
>appear but they are much more sought after and thus more expensive. It seems
>Arcadeshop will sell repro's of the WG model very soon. Probably the best
>option, together with the HV supply.

        As far as I know, Arcadeshop _has_ the replacement deflection units
now, also. Same as above; total redesign using modern components.

>- Neck board. Not reproduced so fas as I know. Best shot is to get one from
>ebay. If you're really good with electronics,you might salvage and modify
>one from a normal color TV.

        There really isn't much _to_ the neck board (and not much to go wrong
with it, either)... the only thing holding back the design of a new neck, I
should think, is the difficulty in getting hold of CRT tube sockets. It
seems to be an item for which there are very few manufacturers, nearly all
of whom are somewhere in Asia and all of whom only seem to want to sell
them 10,000 at a time. :)

"In ancient times, they believed that there were only four kinds of matter:
Earth, Water, Air, and Fire. Nowadays, of course, we know that there are
actually four states of matter: Solid, Liquid, Gas, and Plasma. Thank God
for progress!" ---(Kelvin Throop III)