RE: ID this board, anyone?

From: Sean McLachlan <sean_at_lithoflexo.com>
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 11:32:27 EST

> It looks like a bootleg Asteroids board.
>
> Thanks,
> -Chris

When I saw the 12.096 on the crystal, I thought of asteroids too, but I
didn't think of a bootleg. Doh.

I don't have an emprom reader/burner for ROMIDENT purposes, but I do have an
Asteroids cab that I can plug the board into. Were most bootleg boards pin
compatible with the originals? IIRC, Asteroids has a slot cut in the edge
connector to keep you from plugging the harness in backwards. If the same
slot is in the bootleg, I'll get out the Asteroids schematics and see if the
pinouts look the same, then plug it in and see what happens.

Thanks to all who responded.

Sean McLachlan