Need Help with Asteroids Deluxe

From: <SVerlander_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 13:53:36 EST

Hi everyone, I need some help with an Asteroids Deluxe I am working on. Heres
the story.
My friend bought this Asteroids Deluxe back in 1983 from a local amusement
company for $364.00. He still has the invoice. I used my truck and picked the
game up and helped him take it in his house and that was the last time I saw it
until a few months ago. The monitor had died long ago and it had been storied
in a shed. I told him I would try and fix it as I have had some good luck
repairing G05 monitors. Well, a cap kit and new deflection transistors and the
monitor was up and running and looking great but I now have a problem with the
main board. I put the game in test mode and everything looks good, no problems
but in game mode it has a few problems. The game plays fine but if you look at
the pictures below (on my web page) you can see the text is corrupt for the
BONUS AT and C R 1980 ATARI INC. Also as you rotate the ship the right and left
points shift small to large and the small asteroids look like snakes that spin
around but really they seem to be missing 2/3rds of their shape. If anyone
has had this problem before and could point me to a part of the board to start
looking for the problem please let me know. I have a logic probe but I do
better at fixing power supplies and monitors.
I have already reseated all the socketed chips and the board is clean.
Here's a link to a web page with pictures showing the problem.
 Asteroids Deluxe
http://members.aol.com/severlander/Asteroids_Deluxe.html
Thanks for any help

Sam