Re: Need Help with Asteroids Deluxe

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_askey.org>
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 17:13:51 EST

It looks like the errors are not dependent on screen position as the 'N'
is good in both the BONUS and INC. If is was a DAC or output problem it
shoudl effect the self test as well. It is hard to tell from the pics
but are the errors consistent no matter where a same image is drawn on
the screen? Also, take for example the I in INC. It is being drawn as a
backwards C is looks like. Is this consistent anywhere there is supposed
to be an I? If so, I would look at the vector ROMs and maybe the data
buffers from them into the counters etc. Do you by chance have a bad
VROM error in the self test? If the game has been sitting that long,
maybe try cleaning all socketed IC legs in the vector section as well.
You may just have a bad connection on a pin somewhere.