Major Havoc glass

From: Tony Jones <tony_at_tonyjones.com>
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 10:37:22 EST

I believe the glass for a dedicated Major Havoc is the same tint
as other XY games (Star Wars, Tempest, Gravitar), namely a Greylite #14.

The glass on I, Robot (which uses the exact same upper cabinet assembly)
is a 3/16" thickness.

I just made a new bezel for my Major Havoc (it came without glass and bezel).

How does this bezel fit? On my I, Robot, it seems that the edges of the bezel
slot into the metal channels along with the glass? I'm assuming MH is the
same way.

I tried several glass shops and they all said that you cannot get greylite
in 3/16s. Because of how the bezel fits (in the metal channels) 1/4" is a
little too thick and when you are installing, it tends to drag on the bezel
causing it to tear in the corners. I made the bezel out of the thinnest card
stock I could find.

I can probably make it work, but the bezel isn't going to survive many
cycles of removing/reinstalling the glass.

Anyone got any pearls of wisdom?

Thanks

Tony