RE: Major Havoc glass

From: Bret Pehrson <bret_at_infowest.com>
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 14:45:08 EST

Yes, on my IR and MH, the cardboard bezel does fit into the channel along w/
the glass. If it would help, I can pull out my MH glass and measure the
thickness. Regardless, it is a tight fit.

One (hack) you could do is not have the bezel fit in the slot, but rather
just tape it (something like black electrical tape) to the inner side of the
cabinet. Not original, but it may work for your needs.

My original bezel is definitely showing signs of wear and tear from repeated
removals of the glass.

You can always get clear glass in the thickness that you need and then have
it tinted. Again, not original, but an alternative.

Finally, on both my MH and IR, if memory serves, the glass actually fits
into some plastic U-channel, that then slides into the metal channel (maybe
that is only on my IR -- I can't remember at the moment).

Let me know what info you need, and when I get a break, I'll run down and
pull it apart and get the details.