RE: Back to Bzone drawing on left side of monitor

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 13:34:21 EST

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Joe wrote:

> Hmm, sounds like a project for Mr. O. Rubin... Is he on the list? Seeing

 . . Or Jed Margolin, designer of the hardware, author of The Secret Life of
Vector Generators and The Secret Life of XY Monitors, available from
www.jmargolin.com, and incredibly nice guy ? :-)

I e-mailed him last night, and had an answer this morning. He thinks it
would be the Window Blanking circuit. Which, if I had re-read his SLofVG
before mailing, should have been obvious. But I don't do this for a living.

Anyone who hasn't read it yet, I highly recomend his site and the Secret
Life articles. The detail on the operation of the VG is very usefull. Oh --
and he also has all his Atari VAX mail up too.

Here is his answer, for the arcives: