Re: Upside-down TEMPEST

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 23:31:26 EST

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 22:15:17 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>First, grab a copy of the schematics. One copy of the old Spies archive is
>now at http://arcarc.xmission.com/

        (files that for future reference!)

>CHeck the cabinet wireing diagram. Cocktail mode is usualy selected in the
>wireing harness, and usually when that pin or wire breaks, the game inverts.
>Most likely it's a wireing harness problem.

        Would that cause the picture to _always_ be inverted, though? I'd have
thought that would just make it flip during player-2's game... or is the
monitor in a cocktail TEMPEST mounted so that the "flipped" picture is
player-1's position and "normal" is player-2?
"In ancient times, they believed that there were only four kinds of matter:
Earth, Water, Air, and Fire. Nowadays, of course, we know that there are
actually four states of matter: Solid, Liquid, Gas, and Plasma. Thank God
for progress!" ---(Kelvin Throop III)