Re: Upside-down TEMPEST

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 22:15:17 EST

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 solarfox@texas.net wrote:

> Anyone know off the top of their heads what would cause a TEMPEST to
> suddenly flip its screen display upside-down? (I'm _assuming_ that
> whatever gate or latch controls the screen-flip in cocktail mode has gotten
> stuck in the wrong state, but which component(s) would be the most likely
> suspects?)

First, grab a copy of the schematics. One copy of the old Spies archive is
now at http://arcarc.xmission.com/

CHeck the cabinet wireing diagram. Cocktail mode is usualy selected in the
wireing harness, and usually when that pin or wire breaks, the game inverts.
Most likely it's a wireing harness problem.