RE: Use low ESR caps in G08 ?

From: Joe <joe_at_joesarcade.com>
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 23:51:54 EST

Ok, for most collectors they are going to use their games an average of 8 hours a week... In the life of an electrolytic capacitor (about 15 years for safety's sake) that’s going to be on a total of 6240 hours or about roughly 1/10th of one year total.

Now, when a game is on location and working 24/7 (74,880 hours a year or 1,123,200 hours in 15 years) I can definitely see where every little bit can count.

Now, price being equal, what are the benefits of using the low ESR or 105 caps when they are going to dry up in their lifetime before any normal chance of failure?

Just trying to see if I am way out of line here, I really don’t see what the major advantage is to using Low ESR vs. normal caps. I've used both and both seem to work equally well, with exception of a few instances that call for low esr or 105 caps.

JB