Re: Hovercraft on Cosmic Chasm hardware

From: Tony Jones <tony_at_tonyjones.com>
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 14:39:01 EST

> > Anyone on here think they can write their own compiler for the 68000
> > code?
>
> Wouldn't an old Mac or Amiga compiler work?

No. That would generate code in Mac or Amiga executable format.

You could start with the m68k port for gcc, but you'd have to modify it
plus the toolchain. Not a trivial amount of work.

But it would be an interesting project if you wanted to learn gcc internals
(i've worked on it before and don't want to again, ever, if I can avoid it)