RE: Hovercraft on Cosmic Chasm hardware

From: Frank Palazzolo <palazzol_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 15:03:54 EST

Hello,

One could use gcc on linux or windows, set up for a m68k target. Search for
"crossgcc" and "m68k" in google to see some pointers.

I took a peek at this code at one point, and I wasn't convinced that all the
source code for the libraries had been recovered. I could be mistaken,
though.

Even if all the code it there, there would definitely be some challenges:
- figure out which of the versions on the disk is the latest stuff
- try to compile the c files with gcc
- convert the assembly files to a syntax compatible with as
- modify the asm functions to make sure the pass args in a way compatible
with gcc
- set up the linker environment to something compatible with the memory map
of Hovercraft
- convert the resulting images (coff/s-record, etc) to something raw binary
for an emulator or hardware
- hope like hell there wasn't any time-critical code you broke :)

Unfortunately, not something I have time for at the moment...

-Frank